Monday, June 12, 2006

 

I have returned!


I'm now back in London, red as a lobster and finally completly sober (excluding the steinlager I had with lunch). Only managed to do half the trip I planned (just the southeast), was still a fantastic trip and I am eagerly awaiting doing the southwest sometime soon. As planned I did make it to Canterbury on the first day albeit late in the afternoon, saw St Martins church and found a backpackers run by some aussies...long story short we soon found that New Zealanders, Aussies and the South Africans at the hostel all had a soft spot for having a few beers around a bonfire which led to a pretty huge night in Canterbury and to myself not being fit for travel till very late the next day.

I did manage a guided tour of the cathedral before having one of my trademark change of hearts and decided that I would indeed head to Dover that night instead of Brighton.
Socially Dover was pretty dour though I did tour Dover castle as well as the (not so) secret World War 2 underground tunnels, which was fantastic. I managed to find a train to take me to Brighton however unfortunately half way there just outside of the town of Rye the train broke down and we had a well over 2 hour wait before we were on our way again.

Made it to Brighton very late and after some initial hiccups finding accomodation found a most excellent hostel and was up very late having some quiet drinks with the other international residents. Being a true Kiwi I still managed to pull myself out of bed at 7 the next morning and spent the next hour in a terrible state roaming the streets of Brighton trying to find a pub or hotel that would be agreeable to playing the All Blacks game. Luckily enough I did find an Australasian pub with a group of fellow dedicated kiwis waiting outside and did manage to watch the game, while eating a traditional english breakfast and drinking some traditional Irish Guinness's. Spent most of the rest of the day reading a book out on the beach...for some reason thinking I was immune to the English sun. I got a text from Amelia saying there was a flatwarming back in London, now realising that as sunburnt as I was and that I was now on my last clean pair of clothes I figured discretion was the better part of valour said goodbye to my new friends and trained back to London.

Comments:
To the whitest and cleanest the teeth possible, put money into an efficient electronic tooth remember to brush. The greater pricey designs of electric powered toothbrushes can help brush your pearly whites more effectively than humanly probable having a guidebook tooth brush. Be sure to buy a standard rechargeable electrical toothbrush with replaceable heads to find the best value. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Matrimo5656[/url]

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?